Wednesday, December 19, 2007

painting and baking and shopping.......OH MY!!

OKAY, its time for a deep breath. Iam telling myself that. We signed lease/option papers tonight on our house, and got the keys. I have been doing nothing but eat,sleep and breath paint the past two days. I got the living room 1/2 done the dining room and one bedroom finished. I gotta say that ILOVE THIS HOUSE!!!! Im felling overwhelmed with blessing and grattitude. The testimony of this house is completely from God. There are so many without homes, and basic nessecities because of the flood. and God has given us this house. I pray that he will use this house for ministry and healing. That we can comfort and bless all who enter in some way. That they will feel something different, a calmness, hospitality, love and laughter here. I pray that our children will grow in the lord here, that they will make memories here that they will cherish forver. I pray that our neighbors will see JESUS in our actions and words. I guess i just simply want to glorify God in some small way. This is his house and he has blessed us to live in it and take care of it for awhile. But before we move in i have lots more packing to do and baking to do, shopping to do, to celebrate this grand birthday. Then we can relax and enjoy this house. And we are so excited!!!


our anniversary


I forgot to mention last week that my amazing husband and i celebrated our 14th wedding anniv. on the 11th of this month. It kinda seems to take a back seat to everthing else that is going on that same week and the rest of the month. Maybe we should consider doing the half year celebration. Pick a date in the summer, when its easier to get away and celebrate. Hey, I think i am going to do that next year. He surprised me with a new holiday starbucks mug and a gift card. And he baught it the weekend BEFORE the anniversary. I was impressed with that, i do not think he has ever purchased a present ahead of time. I guess it took him 14 years to learn. He is doing good. He knows the way to this gals heart.............through a coffee cup. i do not have the energy to go into the whole story of us, but i will give you some interesting trivea from our wedding reception. The guy who caught the garter was the first man to go to jail in washington state for the 3 strikes your out law. Wanna know what he did? Now let me preface this. Okay this guy went to our church that we were ministering in during college and we thought he was a little off. and ya know when you put those all memeber invites in the bulletin for things. well thats why he was there. When your the youth pastor you kinda gotta invite everyone, so he came. Then he committed murder. YES, THAT IS NO TYPO, he murdered a little old lady that he used to do yard work for. I am glad no one faught him for the garter. He committed this felony about 6 weeks after our wedding. anywhoo, i love my hubby and i am glad he is mine.
Well i am soo tired, a good tired though. I need to get my kiddos to bed so i can sit down and relax for a momento. tina

No comments: