Friday, October 19, 2007

leslie got me thinking

oh, iam so glad it is friday. i love fridays cuz i do not have to make lunches for 2 days I get to see my hubbie and i don't have to worry about homework. I guess i get to relax a little. anyway, leslies blog question got me thinking and it convicted me a little.... well actually a lot. I am blessed with the season my life is in right now, my kids are in school and not toddlers anymore. the age comes with all new chllenges but still the season is good to start new projects or ministrys. i am not always a good steward of my time. i HAVE time to do some of these things, and i need to. My husband used to be in full time ministry 6 months ago and we have served in that capacity for almost 10 years all together. I know the difficultys and challenges that come with that title. and i understand the seasons that a husband and family can go through when daddys job is the church. I have felt somewhat of a calling to create or provide and outlet for the wives of pastors. You have to be very gaurded sometimes of peoples motives for friendship and what you hear from your husand, that it goes nowhere beyond your ears. There are somtimes exspectations put on you and your children that are unreasonable. and sometimes there are just hard things you have to deal with beyond sunday morning that the average members just do not know. There can be much pain and hurt and confusion being in ministry, and you sometimes do not know where to turn for advice or council or simply to just vent your frustration to someone that you can trust. I have talked to many pastors wives who have voiced a need. So if you are a P.W. or you know one send her my direction to get some feedback from her. I am serious about moving forward and seeing how God will bring this to fruition. Maybe its not time for me yet, but i will not know until i try.. I covet your prayers and any ideas. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. TINA

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just awesome, Tina!

As a PW for 14 years now, I've experienced so many ups and downs, perks and down-falls of the "job." Plus, I've seen first hand a pastor's marriage fall to pieces. It's tough out there!

Well, after the above-mentioned lost marriage, I, like you, vowed to make a difference and do everything in my power to prevent that from ever happening again!

Thus, the First Wives Club was formed! I, and the four other PWs at Court Street, now regularly meet for support, accountability, prayer and Bible study. In fact, in two days, we are off to Silver Falls for our 3rd annual PWs retreat for 3 glorious days!

It's so exciting and has met such a tremendous need for all five of us! It has been a blessing in my life, for sure.

I'd love to chat with you more about it sometime! Leslie can pass on my e-mail to you if you'd like. I'm not brave like you are in posting your digits! : )

Keep those wheels turning! There's a huge need out there for this!

Valerie of Momia said...

Hi! My name is Valerie. I just saw your post on Leslies and clicked on your name. (And, as my rule is, I always let someone know I visited their blog!) The PW thing caught my cursosity. I'm a PW at CSCC along with Sharon. (My husband is the Children's Pastor.) It's great having a network with the other PWs at CSCC. They have become wonderful friends.

Have fun with blogging!

Anonymous said...

Tina,
Sharon has done an amazing job with meeting the needs of the pastor's wives at our church.

I can tell from the outside looking in that it has bonded them and given them a great place to share and be friends with each other.

You are right, ministries like this are sorely needed in other churches.

I will send you Sharon's e-mail address so you can ask her some questions about their group. Yeah, I'm not so sure about posting the digits on my blog either.

Oh, and you've click on Valerie's name and visit her blog. It's super duper creative.

momaof4 said...

Tina, Found you through Leslie and love your first few post. Can't wait to read more. Enjoy!!
Karen