Monday, November 19, 2007

thoughts of thanks

good mornin!! its been a while since i last blogged. Was kind in a funk last week and did not have alot to say. This week will be better. Yesterday Pastor Pat spoke on thankfullness and it really touched my heart. It just wasn't about the average stuff we are thankfull for; kids, spouse, house, ect. He talked about some other things that i want to share later in the week. I pray that we can all start reflecting on being thankful as the week goes by. I also realized i need to be teaching my children to be thankful, even in hard times. It does not come to us naturally, our humaness keeps us focused on what we want and need. Not on what we already have, or maybe even through the pain of difficulty. I want God to show me the things that maybe i have not recognized as blessing from him, little and big. It is easy for me to see the obvious things, but i want to see the the obscure, the challenges that he has given me and how it is has blessed me. I challenge us all to do the same.
I am off to Eugene for khalobs vision testing. I hope we find something concrete that will help us with his reading, writing, and spelling issues. Will go early and do a little shopping at trader joes, might even walk through the mall or something. I will let you know tonight how his appt. went. blessings to you all today. tina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great reminder for me today. It is so hard to be thankful for the obscure or seemingly difficult times, but those are the times of growth and change.

I'm going to ponder this tonight. Who knows, maybe I'll become thankful for all this blog posting :)

Sharon said...

Amen! God loves to work in the little things that we often dismiss doesn't He? He is good. All the time.